All horses will be available for adoption the day of the Training Challenge which takes place at the Bluebonnet Horse Expo in Austin, Texas.
If the trainer or foster home competing with the horse wants to adopt him or her, he/she must let the Adoption Coordinator know at least a week before the Challenge takes place and must complete an adoption contract and pay the horse’s adoption fee by 9am the morning of the Training Challenge.
Pre-approved adopters may visit the horses at the Training Challenge, may talk to the horse’s trainer or foster home for the Challenge, and may test ride the horse at the event (working around the horse’s competition schedule). Pre-approved horses may test the horses under saddle after they have competed or earlier with the trainer’s approval.
Individuals who are not pre-approved may attend the Challenge and apply at the end. However, pre-approved adopters will receive priority and those who are not pre-approved may not have the opportunity to test ride horses at the event.
Horses will be available on a first-come, first-served basis for pre-approved adopters. Those horses not adopted at the event by pre-approved adopters will be available to individuals who apply the day of the event. Challenge horses are very popular, and we cannot guarantee you will get the horse you want simply because you apply. Many applicants end up coming to the Expo and meeting and adopting a horse other than the one listed on their application.
If you would like to be pre-approved to adopt a horse from the Bluebonnet Rescue Horse Training Challenge, please download an application. Complete it and send it in by October 1, 2018 to be approved in time to adopt the day of the Challenge.
When applying, please become a member, fill out the application completely, and provide property pictures as listed on application. Questions regarding becoming an approved adopter can be sent to email@example.com
Adoption procedures for those who want to adopt a horse at the Challenge:
- Submit your adoption application by October 1st, 2017.
- Once at the Expo, sign in at the ADOPTION table. Located in near the stall area.
- If you decide to adopt the horse, let the Adoption Coordinator know. She will let the Expo office know you are coming to adopt.
- Go to the Expo office and compete an adoption contract and pay your adoption fee.
- Return to Adoption table with signed contract. You will receive the horse’s coggins and a copy of his/her health records.
- All horses must be picked up by 8pm on Saturday or between 8am and 11am on Sunday..
If you decide to apply to become an Approved BEHS adopter the day of the Expo.
- There is no guarantee you will be approved that day, but we can start the process and get you approved as soon as possible in order to adopt a BEHS horse at a later date.
- A complete application, membership and photos will be required.
- Please sign in at Adoption table and speak with the Adoption coordinator.