Thank you to our 2019 Bluebonnet Rescue Horse Training Challenge Coordinator, the volunteer crew, competitors, sponsors, and the judges!
What people are saying about the Bluebonnet Rescue Horse Training Challenge
– “This was my first year I had a great time, friendly people everywhere. I plan on training again next year.” – Shauna P.
– ” I really LOVED seeing everybody’s freestyle routines! Rescue horses are AMAZING! Can’t wait for next year!” – Ryalin H.
– ” In the last three years that I have been a part of the Challenge, I have never seen competition so good! Congrats to everyone who participated! You guys all did a fantastic job! Keep up the good work and know you have made a major difference in all of these horses’ lives!” – Kristy T.
The Bluebonnet Rescue Horse Training Challenge will begin accepting applications for the 2020 Challenge in late February 2020. Competitors will work with their horses from June to October 17, 2020.
The Bluebonnet Rescue Horse Training Challenge is a competition in which volunteer foster homes and professional trainers work with a Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society foster horse for four months and compete in the Challenge at the 2020 Bluebonnet Horse Expo in Taylor, Texas.
The goals of the Challenge are to:
- Introduce the public to talented rescue horses
- Showcase the training abilities of Bluebonnet foster homes
- Produce horses who are ready to go to work for their adopters
The competition is open to any BEHS member who applies to foster and is approved, as well as professional trainers. If you are not currently an approved foster home or BEHS member, join the rescue and download a fostering application to begin the process.
The contest will be judged by a panel of three equine professionals. Each horse and trainer or foster home combination’s total score will be based on:
- Difficulty level of horse
- Condition of horse
- Freestyle Class
- Trail Class
Please email us with any questions.
Sponsors of the 2020 Bluebonnet Rescue Horse Training Challenge:
(Sponsors will be added as received)
Indian Paintbrush Level
Yellow Rose Level
Youth Champ Level