Thank you to our 2017 Bluebonnet Rescue Horse Training Challenge Coordinator Stephanie Harvey, assistant coordinator Paulina Lizka, the volunteer crew, competitors, sponsors, and the judges!
What people are saying about the Bluebonnet Rescue Horse Training Challenge
– “This was my first year I had a great time, friendly people everywhere. I plan on training again next year.” – Shauna P.
– ” I really LOVED seeing everybody’s freestyle routines! Rescue horses are AMAZING! Can’t wait for next year!” – Ryalin H.
– ” In the last three years that I have been a part of the Challenge, I have never seen competition so good! Congrats to everyone who participated! You guys all did a fantastic job! Keep up the good work and know you have made a major difference in all of these horses’ lives!” – Kristy T.
THe Bluebonnet Rescue Horse Training Challenge will begin accepting applications for the 2018 Challenge in February or March of 2018. Competitors will work with their horses from mid-June to mid-October 2018.
The Bluebonnet Rescue Horse Training Challenge is a competition in which volunteer foster homes and professional trainers work with a Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society foster horse for four months and compete in the Challenge at the 2018 Bluebonnet Horse Expo in Austin, Texas.
The goals of the Challenge are to:
- Introduce the public to talented rescue horses
- Showcase the training abilities of Bluebonnet foster homes
- Produce horses who are ready to go to work for their adopters
The competition is open to any BEHS member who applies to foster and is approved, as well as professional trainers whose property is inspected and approved. If you are not currently an approved foster home or BEHS member, join the rescue and download a fostering application to begin the process.
The contest will be judged by a panel of three equine professionals. Each horse and trainer or foster home combination’s total score will be based on:
- Difficulty level of horse
- Condition of horse
- Freestyle Class
- Trail Class
Please email Stephanie at email@example.com with any questions.
Judges will be posted later in 2018.
Sponsors of the 2017 Bluebonnet Rescue Horse Training Challenge:
W.L. Salsman, Jr.
Adele Shaw – The Willing Equine
The Equine Behaviorist
Glenda and John Ruggles
Brazos Valley Equine Hospital – Stephenville – Amy Whitney – http://www.bveh.com/stephenville.htm
Hilary LoBue/Hummingbird Hill Horse Training – http://hummingbirdhillhorsetraining.com
IX Brand SEO Services Company – https://houstontexasseo.com
S C Scott
Indian Paintbrush Level
Youth Champ Level
John P and Mildred O Hildebrandt Foundation
K & W Engineering Solutions LLC – www.kwengineeringsolutions.net